Dana Julian, LMFT
My client load consists of adult individuals and couples dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, caregiving concerns, and sexual issues.
I have effectively helped many clients successfully bridge the gap between sex and intimacy as well as heal from a host of various sexual issues including low/high libido, sex addiction, porn addiction and female pain.
I use my best therapeutic approach that works for the client. My therapeutic methods, includes Psychodynamic theory, which is about the past informing the present, Gestalt theory, about the here and now. EMDR (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), TRM (Trauma Resiliency Model), and Attachment theory, for trauma.
Many of my clients go to 12-step meetings along side regular therapy. Sometimes I will include meditation and a mindful practice approach. We will build on a collaborative experience to create small shifts in thinking and behavior. These small shifts strung along, create lasting changes.
I received a Masters in Psychology from Phillips Graduate Institute, and my Bachelor’s of Fine Arts come from New York University. Previously I worked in the entertainment industry and am uniquely aware of creative people and their challenges with the industry.
My private practice is in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California.
- AACAST (American Association of Couples and Sex Therapist) member
- EMDRIA approved EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) basic Trainings part I & II
- Completed EMDR approved Basic Training Through the PARNELL INSTITUTE, Specialized in Attachment focused (AF) EMDR
- TRM, Trauma Resiliency Model Certificate
- Completed 60 hours of the Weekend Training Program through the PACIFIC GESTALT INSTITUE